New Server

Hello,

I have been using linux for a long while now, but in all my time using it for server etc, I have never built a box specificically for linux.  All my boxes have been old PCs etc, old systems slapped together.

I am building a server for my buiness, I want to run apache/mail/firewall/router etc. I would to spilt it over 2 boxes but dont have a large bugdet at the moment.

I am looking for recommendations on chipsets/mobo etc that work well with debian.  Normally, I would use anything and just make it work, but if I am gonna spend money I may as well get the best performance I can.

I was thinking of an athlon based system, but could be tempeted over to intel.  I am not looking for a very expensive system, just a single processor will do fine.  For my needs I dont think I will go down the scsi route with IDE as fast as it is nowadays.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks

Pete Bainbridge