AW: New Server

<I am looking for recommendations on chipsets/mobo etc that work well with
debian.  Normally, I would use anything <and just make it work, but if I am
gonna spend money I may as well get the best performance I can.

Hi Pete,

I wouldn't want to decide for you, but I can give you a good site, where you
can see lots of hardware specific benchmarks, test, etc.

http://www.tomshardware.com/

I installed Debian for a friend recently and he was using an ASUS Board with
an AMD XP2800+. The installation was well, no problems @ all. Asus does
well, I think you can'T go wrong with Asus, Chipset if I'm correct was a
nvidia2 chipset for my friends machine.

Only thing I can advise, DON'T use REALTEK-Sh*t as NICS (build-in nic),
you're better off spending some extra money on a good 3COM Nic or
similar..... the Realtek-Sh*t loses lots of packages, when it's working at
maximum transfer rate (e.g. SAMBA)......... as I found out (everybody had
this experience, too?).

Greets,
Simmel