where does mailman get the host machine name?

hi,

my ocmputer has a couple of domain names attached to it, of which the
first and most awkward was awarded by the admin people at my
workplace.  Mailman., which I've just installed, works fine, but seems
to think my ocmputer should be called by this name, i.e.,
pc09.hist.utoronto.ca.

I would like mailman to tell people the address is something easier to
remember (in this case, lists.derailleur.org).  I cna change the list
host name for individual lists through the web interface, but I would
like to have this set properly for all lists.   How do I do
this?  ANyone know?

htanks as always,