Re: email signatures

And I heard Paul Johnson exclaim:
> "Matthew Joyce" <MJoyce@ccia.org.au> writes:
> > Thanks everyone, and for the record I do not intend to actual use it for
> > a disclaimer which I personally find pointless, but our fundraising
> > department want to promote charity events.
>
> That's not an improvement.  That's just using legitimate mail to
> spam.  Not cool.
>
> - --
>  .''`.     Paul Johnson <baloo@ursine.ca>
> : :'  :
> `. `'`     proud Debian admin and user
>   `-       Debian.  Because it *must* work.  debian.org
aboutdebian.com

Err... how would this materially differ from advertising, say, the
Debian distribution in your sig?

P.S. I'm by no means an 'old-timer' on the list, but I've been here long
enough to know the real benefit it derives from your active
participation, Paul. This is by no means a personal attack but rather a
sincere question. HaND!
--
Daniel Teichert, BYU ECEn Dept. CSR
Email address: danielt@ee.byu.edu