Re: winscp like program on linux?

Kirk Strauser wrote:

At 2004-03-26T19:22:06Z, Kamaraju Kusumanchi <kk288@cornell.edu> writes:

Can some one tell me If there is any program like winscp available in
debian testing? winscp is great on windows but does not work under linux.

I have also tried konqueror with the sftp:// protocol. It works great
except that I have to open two konqueror windows each time I want to
transfer a directory etc.,

I don't understand.  What's the difference between how WinSCP presents the
data and how Konqueror works?  Why do you only have to have one WinSCP
window, but two Konqueror windows?

I ask because I want to understand your question better so that I can
attempt to answer it.
In winscp, there are 2 panes opened by default. So on left side of winscp window, I can see files on machineA and on the right side of the window I can see files on machine B. something like below.

machine A        |       machine B   |
Now all I have to do is move the mouse from left to right to copy/move files. Konqueror by default does not have this.

Andreas suggested that I can have this split layout in konqueror also. I was not aware of it before. Anyway, I can get winscp behaviour in konqueror by doing a CTRL-SHFT-L
and then using sftp protocol.

thanks guys
raju

--