Re: Which files contain monospace and sans font?

Hamilton Coutinho wrote:
On 03/26/2004 01:59 PM, Jaap A. Haitsma wrote:

I'm trying to find out which files contain the monospace and sans font.
If in nautilus I show all the fonts by going to fonts:/// these two fonts
are not listed, but if I go and select for example fonts in the desktop
preferences they are there.

The reason I'm asking is that I like the monospace and sans font that are
being used in fedora more then the standard ones. So I want to copy them
from fedora to Debian

These are aliases to bitstream vera fonts in my system (package ttf-bitstream-vera).

Thanks,
Fedora uses the luxi fonts for sans and monospace after copying these on my Debian system (They are not available as a package due to the fact they do not meet the Debian free software licenses) in /usr/share/fonts/ changing /etc/fonts/fonts.conf such that luxi is my preferred font for sans and and monospace and finally running fc-cache -v changes the fonts to the fonts I prefer.

I still have one problem though, fonts still do not look great because anti aliasing doesn't work. :(

The freetype and type1 modules do get loaded in X86Config-4

Anybody knows how to fix this?

Thanks,

Jaap

BTW I'm running Debian unstable which is completely up to date