Re: debian and women? from DWN #10

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 01:49:09PM -0700, Monique Y. Herman wrote:
> On 2004-03-25, Kent West penned:
> > get some flowers from their men (whereas most men getting flowers
> > would think, "um, okay"). But just because women are different than
> Actually, whenever I've sent flowers to a guy, they've been quite
> impressed.  In college, I had red roses delivered to my then-bf's dorm,
> and his whole hall was envious of him for having such a cool gf.  So

Put me down in the "uhm, okay" crowd.  My sister gave me some carnations
at my college graduation, and I was like -- just what the heck are you
implying here Sis?  She was just trying to be nice :-)  Actually I
appreciated the sentiment, but hated the flowers.

I wouldn't mind being given a potted plant or some functional type
flowers, and I like gardening and all that -- but you have to watch it.

I got these scented candles to keep my apartment from stinking and boy
it felt kind of fruity.  I like White Russians which is a girlie drink
but at least you have the Big Lebowski to fall back on :-)