Re: Come on Ati - new drivers! - Off topic?

Bjorn Johansson wrote:
Hello!

Do anyone here know if Ati is going to release new drivers for Xfree86 4.4? I know this is a Debian mailinglist and this might be a little off topic, in that case I apologize. But, if someone here know IF and WHEN Ati is going to release new drivers, please respond to this mail.

Should I downgrade my newly installed 4.4 to 4.3?
TTBOMK, the early versions of 4.4 are still compatible with the driver
format of 4.3.  I have heard of people running the ATI drivers on some
of the later pre-release versions of 4.4.

OR, should I wait? The graphics is working currently, but the 3D support is a joke!

What model Card do you have?  I have a Radeon 9000 Pro, and it
works better with the Mesa DRI drivers than with the ATI drivers.

By the way, Ati themselves does not respond to any of my emails :-(.

Email the Mesa people, let them know where you think there is a problem,
and see what you can help them with.  I'm sure they will respond much
more promptly than ATI :-)

Björn Johansson

-Roberto Sanchez