Re: Latest Sarge CD's and loopback prob.

hugo vanwoerkom wrote:

Hi Debian!

I am jigdoing the latest Sarge CD's, the first few anyway.

Went uneventful but for one funny problem:

It turns out the loopback interface was not setup.

I have used the Beta 3 installer without incident on two desktops machines, but did have an issue on an older Compaq laptop. I had difficulty getting it to use the PCMCIA network card even though it appeared to be recognized properly. I think the automatic installer was not properly setting up PCMCIA support, but I need to try the expert mode to know for sure.

Basically the Sarge installer is very nice in terms of making the install process more "automatic". Not sure that is good, but at least you can select "expert" mode.

Ed Lawson