AW: [OT] buying keyboards

<Well, the day has come that the left side of my keyboard has suffered a
<cola overdose. I would buy mail order from the UK, but the weak dollar,
<shipping costs, and actually finding somewhere that'll ship
<international in the first place .. are really making that a last
<resort.

<Any pointers would be greatly appreciated .. I had to try three times
<just to put a @ in this email address :/

<TIA,
<  Shaun

Got a friend working @ a global player like HP or Sun?

I was with HP for about 10 years, every time I ordered servers, I've choosen
US Keyboards, because of / \ being available directly without having to
press <shift> which really pi**ed me of working with German Keyboards. So I
didn't use Umlauts, wtf *grin*.

So next time a friend or colleague of yours orders a server @ e.g. HP , jsut
make sure he orders it with a GB Keyboard, and then simply give him an US
one back.....

Maybe it's also possible to order keyboards @ HP without the server, I
dunno?

Example
http://www.shopping.hp.com/cgi-bin/hpdirect/shopping/scripts/accessories_sto
re/accessories_subcategory_view.jsp?BV_SessionID=@@@@1847677757.1080214111@@
@@&BV_EngineID=ccckadcldfeggjgcfngcfkmdflldfgg.0&landing=computer&category=d
esktop&subcat1=mice_keyboards&catLevel=1

Uhm, pretty long url *lol*

 HP illuminated ps/2 keyboard P5304P#ABA    <--------- important is ABA
which is US but there are others....

To be honest I don't quite remember, never ordered GB keyboards, but I think
it should work, if you tell an HP guy to search for the country option and
order it from overseas.....

Give it a try, if you got connections to HP or Sun it should be pretty
simple to order GB keyboard with their hp account.......

Just a thought :-)

Simmel