Re: Question.....unsubscribe

On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 14:10:11 +0100
"Simmel" <simmel@anymotion.de> wrote:

> Hi "Listmaster(s?)",
>
> Seems like most people can't read?

Some of the people who are complaining and asking to be unsubscribed
*aren't subscribed in the first place*; so attempts to "unsubscribe"
them using the regular methods don't work, because there's no
subscription to cancel.

Well, if they're not subscribed, why are they complaining?  Because
they get spam with a forged "From:" address; that "From:" address
says "debian-user@lists.debian.org".  They're not actually on the
list; but the forged email gives the impression they are.  So, they
ask to be removed.

-c

		(remove "snip-me." to email)