Re: Printing from mozilla with cups

On (23/03/04 07:52), Andy Firman wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 06:36:11PM +1100, Glenn Meehan wrote:
> > On Tue, 2004-03-23 at 04:31, David P James wrote:
> <SNIP>
> > I think you are right.  I looked at an output file in ghostview and it
> > looks the same as my printout.
> >
> > I am using debian mozilla.
> > gm:~>apt-show-versions mozilla-browser
> > mozilla-browser/testing uptodate 2:1.5-3
>
> Sent a similar message yesterday to the list but have not seen it yet.
>
> Same exact problem here with Mozilla 1.6-2 on unstable.
> Galeon 1.3.13 exhibits the same behavior printing little rectangles,
> even when I print to file.
>
> Konqueror prints fine.
>
> We must be missing a package as I can't find anything in Edit>Preferences
> that will fix the problem for either Mozilla or Galeon.
FWIW I'm using mozilla-firefox 0.8-5 (prior to that mozilla-firebird
0.7-7) and both print fine.  That said Firefox seems to be giving some
XML parsing errors on page preview and page set-up.  Firebird didn't
give the same errors and worked fine.  I've only recently upgrade to
Firefox and haven't had time to investigate further and report bugs - it
prints OK.

HTH

Clive

--