Re: Intel MB SE7501CW2

From: Paul Johnson [mailto:baloo@ursine.ca]
"Gabriella Teruggi" <gabriella.teruggi@labinf.it> writes:

Does anyone know if the Intel MotherBoard SE7501CW2 with 2 processor Xeon 2,8 GHz will work with current tools under debian? Do you have any reference of similar installations??

No, we don't know if your CompuTron SpeedWidget 5000 will work with
anything.  Have you tried doing any research yourself?  Google is your
friend, and so is the Debian Installation Manual.

Gabriella Teruggi wrote:

Sorry but I don't understand your answer.
What do you mean with "CompuTron SpeedWidget 5000"???
I was looking for someone who has already tried to install Debian on a
server based on the Intel Motherboard SE7501CW2.
By the way, yesterday, while I was making some reasearch by myself I
found this distribution list through Google......
Bye Gabri

Paul's a smart guy, and we really appreciate having him on this list, but he tends to be rougher than sandpaper socially (at least on this list); you gotta take him with a grain of salt.

What he meant is that the people on this list don't always have information on specific pieces of hardware, such as the Intel Mobo SE75010W2, only he generalizes the hardware here as the fictional "CompuTron SpeedWidget 5000" (which is actually kind of humorous, if not insulting), and that you should do your own research via Google, etc first. Of course, you mentioned that you found this list via Google, which indicates that maybe you had already been researching for this info, and he apparently just missed that indication. (Or perhaps his coffee was a bit weaker this morning than usual.)

At any rate, if you haven't found any info to answer your question after some searching on your part, then your post was quite appropriate, and you just gotta learn to ignore Paul's abrasiveness. He really is a smart guy and provides a lot to this list.

However, you'll find that this list generally prefers that you not CC: your messages to the posters, but to address your messages only to the list (unless otherwise requested); it's assumed that all the readers are subscribed to the list already, and they don't need two copies of your messages.

And (whew!), it's generally considered bad form on this list to "top-post". Rather, you should reply after any relevant material.

Finally, as to your question about the specific motherboard, sorry, I don't have any info myself.

--
Kent