Re: Printing from mozilla with cups

On March 22, 2004 03:03, Glenn Meehan wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-03-22 at 08:42, Kent West wrote:
> > Sounds like a driver problem. I've had issues when I've used the
> > "correct" driver for my printer that the default cups installation
> > offered, only to have the problems go away when I installed a
> > different driver provided from a different package (foomatic-gimp?;
> > sorry, don't remember).
> >
> > I've also had some success printing from Mozilla by using qtcups;
> > "apt-get install qtcups", and then configure the printer in Moz to
> > print to "qtcups" instead of to "lpr - blah blah blah".
> >
> > --
> > Kent
>
> The foomatic-gimp driver produced no output and neither did qtcups.
> I can print ok from Konqueror.

Actually it didn't sound like a driver problem to me but rather a
problem with Mozilla itself in the quality of postscript it is spitting
out (try printing to file and examining the resulting file with
[k]ghostview or the like. Are you using a Debianized Mozilla or one
straight from mozilla.org?

Once you do get it working it is still worth using kprinter/qtcups since
they are far more useful than Mozilla's own dialog.
--
David P James
Ottawa, Ontario

There is no art which one government sooner learns of another
than that of draining money from the pockets of the people.
-Adam Smith, The Wealth of Nations