Re: Intel MB SE7501CW2

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Simmel wrote:
> <I have Debian running on several SE7501CW2, but I used a custom kernel.  I
> <am not sure the stock kernel would work, but I also have little reason to
> <believe it wouldn't.
>
> Really, and how did you install the SCSI320 host RAID??? There were no

Remote PXE boot with a custom kernel, and we used debootstrap on the NFS
root partition for the machines, chroot()'ed there, installed and configured
everything.

But on another servers that have disks, a friend switched the boot-floppies
kernel with a new one with proper drivers.  I don't know how difficult it
was for him to do that, though.

Since I was not using the onboard controllers, I forgot about the issue.
Sorry about this. The new debian installer will probably install a SE7501CW2
without trouble (but I haven't tested it, and I don't know if it can install
Debian stable as well as Debian unstable).

> So please tell me, how did you do that? I gave up on it and installed
> Redhat, because Intel supports drivers for it......... but if you can tell
> me a way to get the installation to

All "Intel supported drivers" are in the kernel proper, as long as you get a
new enough one (2.4.24).

  Henrique Holschuh