nfs: server odin not responding, still trying

I've just moved to the 2.6.3 kernel and now my nfs has stopped working.

I mount my home space from a 2.4.25 nfs server and as soon as i make any
large reads (start an app) i get the following:

Mar 23 08:52:17 [kernel] nfs: server odin not responding, still trying
Mar 23 08:52:18 [kernel] nfs: server odin OK
Mar 23 08:52:21 [kernel] nfs: server odin not responding, still trying
~                - Last output repeated twice -
Mar 23 08:52:32 [kernel] nfs: server odin OK
~                - Last output repeated twice -

This repeats and repeats.  Eventualy the app starts but it's unusable.
2.4 kernel clients connect fine and work perfectly.  Is there a way I
can get more info on what is causing this?  Push up the nfs logging level?

Any clues, anybody?