Re: Intel MB SE7501CW2

On Tue, 23 Mar 2004, Clive Menzies wrote:
> On (23/03/04 10:44), Gabriella Teruggi wrote:
> > I was looking for someone who has already tried to install Debian on a
> > server based on the Intel Motherboard SE7501CW2.

I have Debian running on several SE7501CW2, but I used a custom kernel.  I
am not sure the stock kernel would work, but I also have little reason to
believe it wouldn't.

This board has the filthiest BIOS I have ever seen in an Intel server board,
though.  If you need remote rack resilience and management, drop it and get
a BR2 or HG2.  Server BIOS that crap isn't... to work around it, you'd need
to get a remote power switch plus KVM for the board, because the CW2 can't
take care of itself, and the BIOS serial console doesn't work.

  Henrique Holschuh