Re: no audio cd play from CD writer

Apparently, _Travis Crump_, on 03/20/04 00:55,typed:

Go into Preferences[Ctrl-P], and then under Audio I/O Plugins click on 'CD Audio Player' and go to 'Configure'. Once there, select add drive and use the details that you use for fstab for device/directory. Since it doesn't have an audio cable, you'll want to select 'Digital Audio Extraction'. Now selecting the cdrw mount point works the same as selecting /cdrom does for the other drive.

I did this in xmms and ran the "Check CD". It reported the number of tracks and the total lenght of the music CD I had put in /dev/cdrw but said no files found. When I add /cdrw (mount point of /dev/cdrw) to the play list, xmms displays garbeled characters in the playlist (just squares) and refuses to play any track. :((

->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)