Re: no audio cd play from CD writer

Simmel wrote:

Yes, I didn't check that. But does that also explain why I cannot get
the tracks listings in xmms or in the "cd play" application?

->HS

Nope, seems I missed that line, sorry :/

No if the cable is defective or missing only no sound is provided, but you
should be able to see the tracks and should be able to play the traxxx,
without being able to hear them.

Greets,
Simmel

Playing around a bit, what you want to do is as follows:

Go into Preferences[Ctrl-P], and then under Audio I/O Plugins click on 'CD Audio Player' and go to 'Configure'. Once there, select add drive and use the details that you use for fstab for device/directory. Since it doesn't have an audio cable, you'll want to select 'Digital Audio Extraction'. Now selecting the cdrw mount point works the same as selecting /cdrom does for the other drive.