Re: dhcp

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 06:19:45AM -0600, Ronin wrote:
> Before upgrading my kernel, my dhcp worked..as it should during the
> installation...
> However, after upgrading the kernel (currently using 2.4.24).. my pcmcia
> nic was recognized during boot (NE2000 compatible) but it did not pick
> up an IP address.  The network adapter works because I can manually do
> an ifconfig eth0 192.168.254.10 and it will assign that IP.  I also have
> to manually assign the gateway.  I tried upgrading the dhcp-client by
> doing an apt-get  but it said I had the latest version.   Any ideas?

Sounds like you didn't include the CONFIG_PACKET and CONFIG_FILTER
options when you were configuring the new kernel. They're under the
Networking Options heading in the config process, and I think they show
up as "packet socket" and "socket filtering". You want them both set to
Y.

	Cheers!
--
                  I care less and less what people think.