From: Ronin [mailto:ronin@stx.rr.com]
Sent: Friday, March 19, 2004 1:20 PM
To: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: dhcp

Before upgrading my kernel, my dhcp worked..as it should during the
installation...
However, after upgrading the kernel (currently using 2.4.24).. my pcmcia nic
was recognized during boot (NE2000 compatible) but it did not pick up an IP
address.  The network adapter works because I can manually do an ifconfig
eth0 192.168.254.10 and it will assign that IP.  I also have to manually
assign the gateway.  I tried upgrading the dhcp-client by
doing an apt-get  but it said I had the latest version.   Any ideas?