Re: Installing netatalk on Debian (Woody)

On Sun, 21 Mar 2004 10:23:02 -0000, Roland Dunn wrote
> Hi,
>
> Anyone had any experience of installing netatalk on Debian (Woody)?
> I have read that it  requires a kernel recompile but wondered
> whether this is truly the case? Is it not possibly as  simple as apt-
> get netatalk?
Its as simple as that.
# apt-get install netatalk

> I've installed the idepci version of DEBIAN (Woody) - anyone know if
> netatalk installed in any  of the other ver's? E.g. vanilla, or bf24?
Should work.

> Incidentally, where can one find the list of packages that one can
> supply to apt-get as  parameter? netatalk might not be the correct
> package name, but I'm unsure how to find out what  is the correct name.

You can use apt to search packages and package info.
For example:
# apt-cache search netatalk
or
# apt-cache search apple |more
Once you have your package name:
# apt-cache show netatalk

Note: If your running OSX clients, you may want to look at the netatalk
package from sarge or sid.

Cheers,
Mike