Re: Pinning

Johann Koenig escribió:

On Monday March 15 at 01:48pm
"Pedro M." <pmacv@telefonica.net> wrote:

How to say to Debian I prefer install Mozilla -unstable and not
Mozilla -testing ( only this package in unstable).

In /etc/apt/apt.conf
APT::Default-Release "testing";

In /etc/apt/preferences
Package: gaim
Pin: version 1:0.58*
Pin-Priority: 1001

You might want to read up on how to specify the release instead of the
version in /etc/apt/preferences
I tried to use

Package: mozilla
Pin: version 2:1.6*
Pin-Priority: 1001

and I read from Synaptic I have to update mozilla-browser , mozilla-mailnews, mozilla-psm, mozilla-xft

When I pin to update them all, I recieve the message I have to update mozilla-chat and so on. Too much pagackes to update-pin manually.

Is there any method to simplify it ( install mozilla unstable from testing ) ??.

Regards.

Regards.