Re: Question re Debian versions

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 03:31:38PM -0800, Brian Nelson wrote......

> However, testing tends to be more broken than unstable.  Testing works
> well right now since we're near a release and almost everything in
> there is in a releasable state, but after sarge releases, watch out.

Presently these two lines accomplish the same thing:

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ testing main non-free contrib

deb http://http.us.debian.org/debian/ sarge main non-free contrib

Once Sarge releases, will the line with sarge automatically mean I'm
running a Stable box again (while today it is considered a Testing box)?

This may seem elementary, but I haven't been through a release cycle yet
with Debian, so just want to make sure I understand this.

Thanks
Kevin