Re: Question re Debian versions

On 2004-03-19, Travis Crump penned:

> Unstable, on the other hand, breaks much more spectacularly on package
> installation with no warning other than people moaning on the
> lists/IRC/BTS.  I don't want to imply that this is a frequent
> occurence, but it does happen...

I've only been bitten in major ways a couple of times by this over
several years.  The one I recall is when I suddenly couldn't run X.

The recent incorporation of the "list bugs" functionality into the apt
system has made things a lot easier, though.

I've been considering writing a script that only updates packages whose
.deb files have been sitting on my machine for a week.  In theory,
that's enough time for someone else to have felt the pain ...

--
monique