Re: Console is screwy (shows what looks like boot log)

On Thursday 18 March 2004 9:50 pm, Paul Johnson wrote:
> From what I've noticed, some video cards just plain don't like
> switching between graphical and text modes and pretty much just crash
> while switching modes.

Hrm, weird... I never had any problems with SuSE 7.3 doing this... (same hw)
and its fine for a little while after boot... (never actually timed it to see how long it takes).

Video card is a stately Raedon QD (ie no blazing screamer) But it is perfectly supported
by XFree and I don't need no steenking drivers <g>
--
Conquerors do not apologize; the dead never complain.
        -- Uncle Al