Re: IMAP server to fit this bill?

On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Steve Lamb wrote:

>      Currently I am running uw-imapd.  I believe it is the version from
> Woody even though most of my system is riding unstable.  While it works
> well enough I am not pleased with the capabilities it presents.  I'm
> looking for a replacement which can do the following:
>
> a: Operate well with Squirrelmail, Exim and Thunderbird.
> b: Offer shared folders to users.
> c: Use mbox.

The only other imapd in Debian that supports mbox is dovecot.  Normally I
would recommend it without hesitation (after all I maintain it :-) however
there is currently a release critical bug about mbox corruption.  It's
only one report and I myself use the dovecot/mbox combination heavily
without problems but it's something to bear in mind.  Other than that it
should fit your bill nicely.  Try it anyway.

--
Jaldhar H. Vyas <jaldhar@debian.org>