Re: iptables and snort

You might want to install something like aide or samhain too.
I installed both.  Aide checks your system periodically to see what
files
have changed.
While you're at it, you can install chkrootkit and logcheck too.

If find ulogd & ulogd-pcap a worthwhile add on for iptables. It allows
you
to record a certain amount of packets and then you can analyse them.

Benedict