Re: X-problems with a sony multisync 17se

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 04:36:57PM -0600, David wrote:
> On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 09:28:47PM +0100, sondi@bluewin.ch wrote:

> > I have serious problems to start the X with my sony multisync 17se.

> My monitor is a Sony Multiscan 15 sf2

> I had a lot of identical blackouts when I was upgrading XFree.

One thing I forgot to mention (I think)..

I originally had my depth set to 24.  IIRC, I couldn't get a screen up
until I reduced the depth to 16.  If your depth is 24 or 32(?), you
might try dropping it to 16 and see what happens.  You can edit your
XF86Config-4 file, or, to just experiment, if you're starting up with
startx, you can specify the depth on the startx command line, I believe.