X-problems with a sony multisync 17se

hi!

I have serious problems to start the X with my sony multisync 17se.

My configuration is as follows:

Debian 24 from ftp.de.debian.org (woody)
XFree86 V4.4.0 (after I crashed with 4.1.0)

Graphic-Device: 3dLabs Oxygen VX1 (Glint Permedia V3) on PCI 1:0:0
Monitor: As described above.

It seems that everything is fine. No serious erroemessages in the XFree86.0.log
The startx seems to run and also the gdm. I looked after active processes
via
tty01 and there was a gdm-login waiting for login.

In fact my Screen keeps black like a starless night on tty07. It seems that
the
screen goes immediatly to suspend-mode when X is starting (the power-led
goes
off and only standby-led is on. All menue-functions on the controlpanel of
the
screen are disabled!?).

All my settings in XF86Config-4 are from original vendor-datasheets.
But i didn't set some clock modes. Could that sove my problems?
Does anybody have some clock-mode-parameters that work with this screen?
Is there a probe-tool available to get these parameters?

many thanks, sondi