Re: Installing from iso images.

On Tue, Mar 16, 2004 at 02:51:56PM -0500, Johann Koenig wrote:
> On Tuesday March 16 at 07:38pm
> Brian Brazil <bbrazil@netsoc.tcd.ie> wrote:
>
> > In fact I then export this to all my other systems with samba. BTW:
> > you can't loopback from NTFS.
>
> Do you mean NFS? If so, have you looked at the option for /etc/exports
> 'nohide'? man exports

No, NTFS. I was installing Woody for a friend and wanted to loopmount off
images on his XP paritition. Ended up having to put them on the ext3
partition. He should be able to live with 500Mb free space.

Someone did mail me saying that is Debian-specific and fixed in newer
kernels. Googling provides:
http://www.ussg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0208.3/0489.html
I use Win98 and vfat so it doesn't really matter to me.

Brian