Re: Installing from iso images.

On Wed, Mar 17, 2004 at 06:00:41AM +1100, bob parker wrote:
> Because I supply various Linuxes to members of my lug, I have quite a few iso
> images on hand including the 7 for Woody r2, and soon I will have the 13 for
> Sarge plus the dvd iso images.
>
> When I use apt-get install whatever it comes back and asks for cdrom #x to be
> inserted. What I want to know is there some way I can divert this requirement
> to the corresponding iso image mounted on /mnt via the loopback device?

Yip, that's my setup as my systems have no net access. Hence I can't
look at the right now. Loopback mount(avoid spaces) and then add something like:
/mnt/Debian-3.0/CD1/pool woody main contrib non-free

I'd give the exact line but as I said I don't have it handy. Note that
loop may only allow 8 mounts but that can be handled by a kernel boot
parameter/module option (max_loop=256 IIRC).

In fact I then export this to all my other systems with samba. BTW: you
can't loopback from NTFS.

Brian