problems with alsa and an SB Audigy card

Hi
Wenn I upgraded my kernel to 2.4.25 I also upgraded
alsa & alsa-source from 0.98 to the current
version present in unstable.
Basically sound works, or at least playback,
for example with xmms & mplayer (both native &
over oss emulation).
what is not working though is capturing sound over
Line in, which is a bit anoying since i
use it when to watch/record tv from my tv card.
When i look at the setting for the Line,0
device with amixer, it shows no entries for capture,
and does npot allow me to set it.

So, is this a bug or am i just to dumb to config
re it correctly?

thanks in advance for any help/ideas offered

yours
Albert

PS: having search both alsa upstream bugs & debian bug lists
i dind gind anything for the current version of alsa
witch seems to be related to this
--
Albert Dengg <a_d@gmx.at>