software raid on install

Hi all,

I'm not to sure how the Debian life cycle, releases actually works, so my question may be a tad stupid, be nice  :)

When you install Stable it doesn't give you the option to configure Raid as some distros do, ie, Redhat.
I'm guessing it's because Debian stable is still on 2.2 kernel from cd.

My question is, are there other Debian releases that do ?  (ISO's)
If so can you point me in the right direction.

If there isn't, are there any future plans to include this as an install feature.

Cheers,

--
Ross.

DISCLAIMER: This e-mail and any files transmitted with it may
be privileged and confidential, and are intended only for the use of the
intended recipient. If you are not the intended recipient or responsible for
delivering this e-mail to the intended recipient, any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying of this e-mail and any attachments is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this e-mail in error, please REPLY TO the
SENDER to advise the error AND then DELETE the e-mail from your system.
Any views expressed in this e-mail and any files transmitted with
it are those of the individual sender, except where the sender specifically
states them to be the views of our organisation.
Our organisation does not represent or warrant that
the attached files are free from computer viruses or other defects. The user
assumes all responsibility for any loss or damage resulting directly or
indirectly from the use of the attached files. In any event, the liability to
our organisation is limited to either the resupply of the attached files or the
cost of having the attached files resupplied.