Re: PCMCIA broken under all 2.4 kernels?

Oliver,

Thank you!  Your suggestion wasn't exactly what I
needed, but it led me to it!

I apt-got pcmcia-source and kernel-source-2.4.18.
Just to be thorough, I decided to compile my own
kernel first, and then compile pcmcia-source.

Well, I'm sending this via PCMCIA modem from my newly
compiled 2.4.18 system!  No need to recompile
pcmcia-source!  Seems that PCMCIA is disabled (?) in
all the kernel-image binaries!

Thanks again!  On to Bluetooth!

> > I've gotten PCMCIA support working on my Dell
> Latitude
> > CPi D300XT with the 2.2.20 kernel supplied with
> woody,
> > but I need at least a 2.4 kernel (ultimately
> trying to
> > get Bluetooth working).
> >
> > I've tried
> >
> > kernel-image-2.4.18-686
> > kernel-image-2.4.18-386
> > kernel-image-2.4.18-1-686
> >
> > each with the appropriate pcmcia module package.
> >
> > Each one fails to load the PCMCIA drivers, with a
> > mesaage about en unresolved symbol
> > ("isapnp_<something>) in one of the pcmcia
> modules.
>
> I think you have to install the pcmcia-source
> package and compile it.
>
> [...]
> You need to have a complete linux source tree for
> your kernel, not just an
> up-to-date kernel image, to compile the PCMCIA
> package.
> [...]
>

> Oliver

=====
C Swinney MD
Dept of Anesthesiology
Shands Hospital at University of Florida