AW: dpkg problem (vs. apt-get)

< I tried installing a package (sane) but got:-

Uhm, why don't you use apt-get install <package> instead? Do you don't like
it or already tried it with apt-get?

I always look up packages here, just simply typing in e.g. mozilla and get
back the packages I can install

http://packages.debian.org/cgi-bin/search_packages.pl?keywords=mozilla&searc
hon=names&subword=1&version=stable&release=all

This is the german site, better check the site in your language, jst as an
example...

Then I install the package, when the system brings back errors, apt-get
won't leave you in the cold, it always has some suggestions to try to get
the package installed.....

Give it a try, In my eyes dpkg suxxx big time and is, erm well, "usefull" to
reconfigure already installed packages, e.g. dpkg-reconfigure samba, webmin,
whatever

But that's only my personal opinion (thank god a lot of people might say
here *laugh*)

Greets,
Simmel