mozill hangs due to realplayer 8

Hi,

I installed realplayer 8:
1) Downloaded rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2_rpm
2) did "apt-get install realplayer"
3) it asked for the location of the _rpm file, which I specified
4) and it installed the realplayer

Then I tried listening to a realplayer music and the window that realplayer opened just hanged the whole mozilla and nothing happened; had to kill mozilla.

then
5) downloaded the rv9 codecs from:
http://realforum.real.com/cgi-bin/unixplayer/showthreaded.pl?Cat=&Board=announcements&Number=3128&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5
6) followed the readme.txt file and copied the two files as it says. Though I didn't find "rv4.so.6.0" as is mentioned in it, but there was one "rv40.so.6.0", so I copied that. The files were copied to /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

Mozilla still hangs.

Any idea what I could be doing wrong?

thanks,
->HS

--
(Remove all underscores,_if any_, from my email address to get the correct one. Apologies for the inconvenience, but this is to reduce spam.)