About: Help us make the Debian CDs even better

Hi Debian!

"Help us make the Debian CDs even better" appeared in announce.

It suggested to use the popularity-contest package in support of the next release.

Excellent idea! Way to go!

I install popularity-contest and watch cron do its weekly job of sending the data to apenwarr-survey@debian.org

It uses sendmail which I never have used before. Reason: RTFM is a daunting task here. Man sendmail says "sendmail [options] arguments ..." and then lists 87 options and nothing about the arguments (although I did not check each of the 87 arguments to see if that is true).

When I did "mail" (which I never use either) I saw that a mailer-daemon had an error with this sendmail.

Did apenwarr ever receive the data from my system?

I decided to send the data to apenwarr myself with Mozilla (1.7b) Mail.

That resulted in "- These recipients of your message have been processed by the mail server: apenwarr-survey@debian.org; Failed; 5.7.0 (other or undefined security status)"

Question: It appears popularity-contest has a hidden agenda and assumes that the Debian installation it reports about contains an expert exim/sendmail user.

Is there a chance to participate in the popularity contest for us misinformed pseudo-Debian users that use Mozilla for all the mailing tasks?

Thanks!

Hugo.