Re: installation kde, USB

On Sat, 13 Mar 2004 19:12:10 -0800 (PST)
jack kinnon <jackkinnon@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> Got X-Window working. Want to use kde but doesn't know how to start it. It's 'help manual' mentioned about simply replacing 'startx' with 'startkde' in the file .xinitrc. There's a 'xinitrc' file in /etc/X11 but there's no 'startx' in it. Where to look for it?

This may not be the best way, but its' my way of getting people started using KDE

my .xinitrc looks like;

# Window Maker default X session startup script

PATH="$PATH:/usr/local/bin;/home/rodney/bin"

# If you login from xdm, uncomment this to make error messages appear
# in the console window.
#
# tail -f /home/rodney/.xsession-errors > /dev/console &
aumix -L /home/rodney/.aumixrc
exec xscreensaver -no-splash &
exec startke

--