Re: udev, scanner and memory stick

Ken wrote:
> I also had to manually modprobe sd_mod before my usb mass storage
> devices (my digital camera) would show up. It seems that hotplug
> missed that module. After I proved that worked, I put sd_mod in
> /etc/modules

This is exactly the bug I tried to report against udev (I say try
because the maintainer didn't believe me), udev seems to break hotplug.

Try it for yourself. Uninstall udev and reinstall hotplug (it needs to
be reinstalled) then sd_mod should be loaded when you mount you're
memory stick.

Also if you had hotplugging installed before you installed udev you will
see that is no longer writing to the log file.

--
OoberMick
"Some people have told me they don't think a fat penguin really embodies