ide-scsi module not found while installing debian testing

I installed debian before, but never encountered this problem before. I am hoping there is some simple solution to this.

I downloaded the beta installer from debian website. During installation I am getting this error

Linux kernel modules needed to drive some of your hardware are not available yet. If you need to use this hardware to install, you will need to load more kernel modules from a driver floppy.

The missing modules, and the devices that needed them are: ide-scsi (Linux IDE-SCSI enulation layer)

I dont know what to do at this point. I tried doing insmod ide-scsi but it says that,

insmod: ide-scsi.o: no module found by that name found

Hardware details:

120GB SATA, 7200 RPM hard drive with Data burst cache, optilex GX270S
Integrated intel gigabit NIC, 10/100/1000, with alert standards format, GX260/GX270 24xDVD-CDRW combo drive slimline, with software decoder GX60 and GX270 small form factor

I also tried disabling SATA in bios, tried installing stable, unstable, sarge. But none of them worked.

I also tried installing from knoppix (using knx-hdinstall), I can do partitioning but after that it just hangs after sometime ... I tried installing redhat, everything went smoothly. So I guess I am missing something silly here..

I read the sarge installation manual on www.debian.org, but they did not mention this problem... Searched google, got exhausted and finally thought it was worth writing an email to l.d.u.

thanks in advance
regards
raju