Re: problem with apt-get and 2.4.18 kernel upgrade

On Thu, Mar 11, 2004 at 07:08:33AM -0800, Billy Pilgrim wrote:
> > vmlinux-2.4.18-newpmac
> > Package        : kernel-patch-2.4.18-powerpc

I gave you the wrong advice.

I Think  you don't use  the kernel-patch package  unless you
compile a  Kernel yourself.  The 2.4.18 version  doesn't say
much, since  they append  a trailing  number to  the package
with each update. I think it's ok if you use the last binary
(precompiled) version and you are running stable.

Run:

dpkg -l | grep kernel-image

And compare  your installed  (an "i" should  be in  the flag
displayed in the first column)  package with the current one
on the security archive.

apt-cache show kernel-image-2.4.18-386 (in my case).

Regards,
Nelson.-

--
http://geocities.com/arhuaco

The first principle is that you must not fool yourself
and you are the easiest person to fool.
     -- Richard Feynman.