Re: Maintain usb-storage device entries

On Wed, Mar 10, 2004 at 02:18:40PM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
| On Mon, 2004-03-08 at 21:27, Derrick 'dman' Hudson wrote:
| > On Mon, Mar 08, 2004 at 08:50:21PM -0600, Alex Malinovich wrote:
| > | Is there any way to make usb-storage maintain device names?
| >
| > udev.
| >
| > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev_vs_devfs
| >     ----
| >     3) This is the main reason udev is around.  It provides the ability
| >        to name devices in a persistent manner.  More on that below.
| >     ----
| >
| > http://www.kernel.org/pub/linux/utils/kernel/hotplug/udev-FAQ
| > http://packages.debian.org/unstable/admin/udev
|
| This is EXACTLY what I was looking for! Thanks. :)
|
| p.s. Take a look at the soon-to-be-posted "udev questions (and
| answers)". That's all your fault, or all to your credit, as the case may
| be. :)

:-)

Have fun.  I now have 4 out of 7 machines using udev.  The other three
are still using devfs.  It's been interesting trying to figure out the
best way to arrange it.  When I have a few more minutes I'll publish
some of the things I figured out in the process.

-D

PS. I hadn't actually started using udev when I wrote the
    above-quoted post about it.  (I had, obviously, read the FAQ
    already)

--
Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved
person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.