Re: Re: Xlib: Maximum number of clients reached

In-Reply-To=<[🔎] 20040310015546.GA27033@qk.com.au>
Sender: Lucas J Barbuto <lucas@stabat.com>
mailto:debian-user@lists.debian.org?

Hi Again,

I've still not solved the problem, it's not just the browser, I
encounter the same issue just trying to open more than four terminals
(four anythings it seems).

I've found a couple of posts on the topic but no resolutions, one to
debian-user[1] in December 2003 from Norman Walsh and one bug report[2]
filed against xserver-xfree86 but closed by Brandon due to lack of
response from the person who filed it.  Personally, I'm not cluey enough
to know which program or package is causing the problem.

[1] http://groups.google.com/groups?q=debian+xlib+maximum+clients+reached&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=14Amh-3E2-7%40gated-at.bofh.it&rnum=1
[2] http://groups.google.com/groups?q=debian+xlib+maximum+clients+reached&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=listgate3.20030102011005%245fe9%40added-at.bofh.it&rnum=3

Can anyone shed some light on this?  I'm really struggling to use my
machine productively given this restriction and I have work to do :(

Debian Unstable (Sid), Linux 2.4.20, Gnome 2.4.1

ii xserver-common 4.3.0-3 files and utilities common to all X servers
ii xserver-xfree8 4.3.0-3 the XFree86 X server

Please?

--
Lucas