Re: phpmyadmin: help!

I'm following this discussion regarding phpmyadmin as I have the same
problem on Debian.  I can make it go go.

Though, it seems to me the problem is with the setup. On Mandrake when
I installed phpmyadmin all the configuration and setup files were copied
to "web root" directory /var/www/admin/phpmyadimin so this directory is
accessible via browser (inside that directory is index.php) that start
automatically when one enter the directory.

On Debian all the setup files went to /etc/phpmyadimin this directory is not
accessible via browser so it is impossible to start phpmyadmin.

Do I need to copy all these files to web-root directory; or I didn't complete the setup.

--
Joseph