Re: depmod: *** Unresolved symbols in /lib/modules (????huh)

Side note.

I wanted to mention here that the
kernel-source-xxx/Documentation/Changes
file lists 'module-init-tools' in Current Minimal Requirements.

(It also warns *against* the use of 'the /usr/src/linux area' for compiling
kernels in. I figure that warning does not apply to the meathod I am using,
make-kpkg. However, someone *please* say so if I am wrong. Really I am just
guessing because the explanation does not make sense to me, but I could be
wrong.)

Anyway, here are the above mentioned. . .

Current Minimal Requirements
============================

Upgrade to at *least* these software revisions before thinking you've
encountered a bug!  If you're unsure what version you're currently
running, the suggested command should tell you.

Again, keep in mind that this list assumes you are already
functionally running a Linux 2.4 kernel.  Also, not all tools are
necessary on all systems; obviously, if you don't have any PCMCIA (PC
Card) hardware, for example, you probably needn't concern yourself
with pcmcia-cs.

o  Gnu C                  2.95.3                  # gcc --version
o  Gnu make               3.78                    # make --version
o  binutils               2.12                    # ld -v
o  util-linux             2.10o                   # fdformat --version
o  module-init-tools      0.9.10                  # depmod -V
o  e2fsprogs              1.29                    # tune2fs
o  jfsutils               1.1.3                   # fsck.jfs -V
o  reiserfsprogs          3.6.3                   # reiserfsck -V 2>&1|grep
reiserfsprogs
o  xfsprogs               2.6.0                   # xfs_db -V
o  pcmcia-cs              3.1.21                  # cardmgr -V
o  quota-tools            3.09                    # quota -V
o  PPP                    2.4.0                   # pppd --version
o  isdn4k-utils           3.1pre1                 # isdnctrl 2>&1|grep version
o  nfs-utils              1.0.5                   # showmount --version
o  procps                 3.1.13                  # ps --version
o  oprofile               0.5.3                   # oprofiled --version

Just wanted to mention that this does include 'module-init-tools'.

And thanks GCS for that tip. I had overlooked this.

Roger :-)