OT: Praise of KDE3.2 and Sid's X

Wow!

I just did a dist-upgrade on my Sid box and got a new version of X and KDE.

KDE looks sharp and crisp, and how long has it been possible to make the Taskbar transparent? I like it. And it seems much snappier. There's a new calendar applet on the taskbar I've not noticed before (although I still haven't been able to get the alarm to work). I'm very impressed.

And with the new X, my i810 driver finally works on my 82865G chip! Yea!!

And even more exciting, DRI now works! Woot!

Ah-h. In the world of Debian, upgrades just make things better. So much better than those upgrades in the world of Microsoft. So much better.

:-)

A happy camper,

--
Kent