Re: ut2004demo

Mark C wrote:

On Tue, 2004-03-09 at 20:51, Thomas G wrote:
Well I was trying to get ut2004demo and I seemed to have a common error message others were missing. So i read some of the archives of this list and found that removing "/usr/lib/tls" might fix my problems... well it did not.

How can I get this back and how can i get ut2004 to work?

As far as UT goes, install the binary NVIDIA drivers, and then in the
ut2004demo/System folder, create a symlink to the Nvidia drivers:

cd /usr/local/games/ut2004demo/System
ln -s /usr/lib/libGL.so.1
ln -s /usr/lib/libGLcore.so.1

then run it like so:

LD_PRELOAD=/usr/lib/tls/libGL.so.1
ut2004demo

I get the same on the ballistics demo as well, reinstalling the Nvidia
drivers, should sort out the missing tls files as well.

Hope that helps

Mark
This is a glibc error in the debian build:

http://lists.debian.org/debian-glibc/2003/debian-glibc-200311/msg00401.html
and
http://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2003/debian-user-200311/msg01124.html

Well I see all that... but is there an answer to fix it?

Thanks Thomas