Re: Sid Downloading; Error 404

On Tue, Mar 09, 2004 at 06:13:10AM -0800, darkxsun@ziplip.com <darkxsun@ziplip.com> wrote:
> The first has an error 404 of 41 missing files, the second 52.
 Maybe the .jigdo file outdated? Please download a fresh one.

> I don't know exactly what any of them are, as my friend didn't recognize the names. He was given the option of retrying those files on another server, but the other one he chose had the same errors.
 Select the master site. The hungarian mirror at least has the same
problem for the login package and probably with others as well.

> And will it affect my upgrade to Sid?
 I think jigdo does not complete the iso until you do not have all the
files. Also, it will affect you only if you are going to use the missing
packages. The chances are high, as the most used packages are on the
first two iso's.

Please press enter sometimes in your text, or you less likely to get an
answer.

Cheers,
GCS