Advice: making the move to all-SCSI

I have a machine that currently has an IDE disk as the boot and / disk,
and everything else is SCSI. I would like to convert this to an all-SCSI
machine, for performance, cleanliness, and fun. I'm writing for advice on
how to do this.

The kernel (2.4.24) is compiled with scsi and the necessary items so it
should be able to boot from a SCSI disk.  My thought is to do this:

- Install the new SCSI drive
- Mount partitions as necessary and move files to their new locations
(probably using tar cf - . | (cd /newdrive ; tar xf - ))
- Edit lilo.conf
- lilo
- power down
- Remove IDE drive
- Cross fingers
- Reboot

My concern is with lilo. How do I tell it to install in the SCSI disk's
MBR, not the current boot disk? In the past, it seems like I've had
trouble with that process.

Any advice welcome - thanks.

clists@perrin.socsci.unc.edu * andrew_perrin (at) unc.edu